Friday, March 21, 2008

Rest in Peace Gwen

Hard to know what to say... my dear mother-in-law & neighbour of 15 years peacefully passed away on the 7th March. I was by her side with Gavin & other family members when she took her final breath.
This photo was taken only 3 weeks before she passed away - she looked so radiant and releaved that she no longer had to endure dialysis and the feeding tube. Gwen had bone cancer which had caused her kidneys to fail.
Thank you to all my friends who jumped right in and helped looking after the kids so I could go and spend time with her during her last weeks. As well as being right there to help Gavin & I with the funeral & wake arrangements.
One of the hardest things I have ever done emotionally was to play my sax for her funeral service... I played "All I Have to do is Dream" with organ accompaniment.
We had a wonderful wake in her honour. Everyone had baked all the things Gwen used to bake for parties & get-togethers. It was a lovely tribute - as well as very yummy!!
Gone but never forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment