Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas!


I hope that everyone had a fantastic Christmas!!
Here at our place it was non-stop ... as usual, just a tad busier ;-)

Christmas eve tradition saw Jennifer sprinkling Reindeer food on the lawn (rolled oats mixed with glitter), then a walk down our neighbourhood streets to see all the houses lit up ... yes - like Christmas trees!!!! Pelham street, just a few houses down from us is renown in South Australia as 90% of the houses are all decorated. It is so lovely. Every Christmas for the 17 years I have lived in SA, I have walked down the street & admired the time, effort & wonderful Christmas spirit fo this small suburban street.
Jennifer always leaves a note & drawing for Father Christmas, this year drawn on her whiteboard, that she loves so very much (thank's Kim!!)
Kids woke up really, really early & so excited! (Can't imagine whay??) So, we were dragged out to the family room to open presents before friends arrived for breakfast under the Gazebo.
Here is Sebastian & me - he really wanted to go back to bed!!! But don't those little ears look sooooo cute on him...

My theme for this Christmas was Black, Gold & Cream. The table looked stunning - I thought so anyway - plus being 32 degrees, it was warm enough to have it out on the deck. So once everyone had left from out breakfast of ham & tomato on toast, I raced to set the tables - the table runner I only finished making the night before ... nothing like leaving things to the last minute! I was still folding the serviettes into elves shoes when Dad & Mary arrived!



This year we had not only family, but great friends too. Kim & her girls, Lisa, Steve, Sarah & Thomas with Lisa's mum & dad, were "Christmas orphans" this year, so I insisted they all come and have lunch with us - I am so glad they all came, we had such a wonderful day. I always think that Christmas is such a lovely time to share with friends & family and a huge Christmas is so much fun, I can't leave people home alone. It took a bit of talking into with Lisa's mum & dad, but when they left, Barbara came up to me, gave me a big hug & said how glad she was that they had come & not just stayed at home - that is what Christmas is about - sharing not only with those in need, but also within your own circle of friends & family.
Lovely May came too, I knew it would be a hard Christmas for Gavin, Gary & her as this was the first Christmas without Gwen, but I insisted she was to come. She enjoyed herself & with Gary as her chaparone, she didn't have to worry about anything. What a lovely lady and for 94 she is just amazing!
It was so lovely having everyone here and with all the children - they had a ball either playing in the pool or all six of them playing their DS's against each other!

Jennifer received Singstar from Gavin & I and it was the hit of the day - everyone singing away! Steve was given earplugs early in the piece!!!!
Got to skype Peter, Sarah, Mila & new little Poppy over in Vietnam. Dad & I had a great talk to them - got to love that you can ring & see your family across the globe for nothing!
Well, we all ate too much - as usual, had loads of fun & laughter - as usual and will do it all again next year - as usual!!!
Merry Christmas & a happy 2009!




No comments:

Post a Comment