Sunday, July 30, 2006

Scrap'n'Soup

Last night saw 7 of us scrapping and supping!! Lots of talking and singing (especially when abba came on!) Everyone managed to get at least two layouts done - and some completed unfinished layouts.....yeah! I managed to get this layout done for Acacia Paper Craft - they are running a contest for retailers using the reminiscence range of papers. The fun part, all the papers had TIME TO REORDER printed boldly in black across them! I even used one of the TIME words - I thought that was clever - even if no-one else does!! My band conductor will be happy, as he requested a folder cover that looked like a book of olde, for a narrated number we play, and I got that done minus the title, have to check about that.
People looking over my shoulder while I was working my last layout - "that looks cute", "ooh I like that", you get the gist - well not to worry because it is for a workshop in the September/October calendar, so you will get to do it too!
The soup was warm and yummy (even if I do say so myself, as I made it!) and the hot bread - mmmmm...... we all were hot after eating!! Lisa and I even changed into t-shirts.... I do suspect Gavin had turned the heating up, being banned to the computer/scrap room where the heating doesn't warm the room as much!
My new bargain sewing machine got a workout - $30 well spent! It will be available for Creative Crops and Scrap Nights from now on, and of course during some workshops where I will make you all sew on your pages!!!
Anyway, thanks to Lisa, Pam, Lesley (spelled it right this time!!), Catherine, Yvonne and Lindi for coming over for a fun evening.
The next one is the 26th August and is already booked out, but I will let you know if there are any cancellations. Got to get in early for these nights - watch out for the next newsletter and the September/October dates.
Happy Scrapping,
Mandy

3 comments:

  1. It was a fantastic night!! We should all do it more often. It was great having all the others there to bounce ideas off as well as to share things. The odd brad or "bit of bling" to finish off a layout. Mandy should have fun with all the bits we lost on the floor under the table - not mentioning any names as to who dropped the most! It wasn't me!! Thank you Mandy for another fantastic night and yes the soup and freshly baked rolls wer indeed yummy!!!!!
    -hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa, You're up early - that can of Recharge must have worked wonders!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mandy where's Daniel's layout from the Kim class??

    Great entry for the comp GOOD LUCK!!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete