Friday, November 26, 2010

Next Week ... 29 November 2010

Hi everyone,

29 Sleeps Until Christmas!!!!  Don't feel very christmassy myself ... yet, but with all the things in my calendar over the next few weeks, I am sure it will happen very quickly.  I have to put the tree up during the week as I have my band Christmas Party at my place on next weekend, that will definitely put me in the mood ... because you can't put up the tree without Christmas carols playing in the background!! 

My last week next week of my contract at the Bowden Brompton Community Centre.  Hasn't that gone quickly! Been good to work 'in the real world' for awhile with some really nice people as well. 

I have a huge favour to ask of the Thursday girls... could we please start at 10am next Thursday?  Jennifer came home from school yesterday with her piano recital notice and this year it is from 9-10am instead of the afternoon.  She was in tears when I said I couldn't make it.  Her performance is in the middle some where, so I would be able to watch (and photograph) and be back home just before 10.  I will contact you all about it.

Next week's workshop is...
Quick Christmas Gifts    $27
Monday 7-9pm; Wednesday 12.30-2.30pm and Thursday 10-12am
We all need a few quick gifts at the end of the year - right?  So let’s get a head start! In this workshop we are going to make a mini note/idea book, decorate a glass mini preserving jar, decorate a gift bag and make the easiest bow on a gift box, plus, if that wasn’t enough, we are going to decorate a December calendar page with all manner of cute bits and pieces ready for you to use as an advent calendar or to document your December!!  You will need your basic tool kit, border punch, inks and an eyelet hole punch.



Scrap'n'Roast for tomorrow has had a cancellation, so there is one spot left for anyone who doesn't already have plans!  Give me a buzz because I probably won't be on the computer.

I asked last week that all deposits for the Christmas Scrap'n'Roast be paid by today.  Thank you to those of you who got your $5 deposits to me in person and via bank deposit.  A few people didn't pay, so there are now some open spots, I will be contacting those of you who are on the waiting list to see if you would still like to come on the 11th December.  

In the Scraproom some new papers arrived yesterday, all double sided (as they all seem to be now) so have a look in the racks for newbies!!!  Quite nice ones too!  For those of you who have been waiting for the edge distressers, they have come in and are back on the wall.  The small glue bottles arrived as well as a top up of some more coredinations cardstock.  Still have holes, but the colours that are missing are not in stock at the wholesalers!!  

Happy Scrapping,
Mandy :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment