Friday, June 17, 2011

Next Week ... 20 June 2011

Hello again!  Another week has zoomed by...

We enjoyed a fabulous long weekend at McLaren Vale, testing out the new annex which was so easy to put up and big enough for 8 people (plus two dogs) to sit around the table and enjoy the cold evening  warmed by a heater!  We visited a diverse range of places - winery, lavender farm, menz chocolate factory and an antique collectables fair.  Red wine and port was bought by the carton, Gavin's cousin and I had fun trying to work out if we could get ourselves onto the conveyor belt so we could become enrobed in chocolate!!!  The three girls bought lovely hand cream from the lavender farm.  But the find of the day was at the collectables fair - I found 4 buttons that match the cardigan I am knitting for only $2!!!  

I had a lovely birthday - thank you for all your good wishes :-)  Daniel made me this little table at his TAFE course, isn't it cute?  (And he's quite clever too!)
Jennifer got me a new handbag (alas my purple one has come to the end of it's life...!) and Gavin's present was "lost in transit", so I had to wait until it arrived on Wednesday - a new camera backpack so all my gear will fit, woohoo! 
Dinner with friends and family was delicious at the My Tho City restaurant - Vietnamese cuisine, mmmmmm.......

Next Week's Workshop is ...
Making Patterned Papers Work for You   $18
Monday 7-9pm; Wednesday 12.30-2.30pm and Thursday 9.30-11.30am
We all look at the beautiful patterned papers around, but do we really use them to their full potential?  In this workshop you are going to make the patterns on the papers work for you by cutting out those patterns for amazing layout effects.  You are going to need between 3 & 6 photos.  I used 2 4x6” photos, one landscape, one portrait, a ticket stub and a brochure - so you can see we can be flexible with this layout!  You will also need your basic tool kit, inks, craft knife, a title (mine is plastered in each photo, so I didn’t need one!) and any embellishments you may like to use (I used watch parts, clock hands, brads and a cut-out from a promotional bag).

Scrap'n'Roast - Scrap Like a Queen is on this Saturday night (18th June) and there are 3 spots left if you would like to come along and scrap away the evening.  Ring or email to book in.

Gatefold Mini Album is coming up on the 2nd July.  All my last minute touches are going on during tomorrow night's scrap'n'roast so I will be able to give you some pictures soon ... to whet your appetite!  There are 5 spots available for this day workshop.

Last week I gave you the incorrect link for Kim Archers new on-line magazine, sorry about that!  Here is the correct link -
http://www.etzceteramagazine.com.au/

Well, off to put away the groceries, make some thankyou cards for my Band Concert on Sunday (see the poster at the top of the page!) and write my thankyou speech! 

That's it for another week, keep warm!
Happy Scrapping,
Mandy :-)

 


2 comments:

  1. Daniel did a wonderful job on that table! Happy belated birthday- sounds great :)
    Kathryn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathryn - good to run into you the other day!

    ReplyDelete