Friday, April 04, 2014

Next Week ... 7th April 2014

Good morning :-)

How has your week been?  Did you get to see the king tide anywhere on Wednesday evening?  I took my camera down to the causeway and snapped some pics of the water and the railway bridge.  What photos have you been snapping? Can't wait to see them on your scrap layouts soon!

I finally have my new computer all plugged in and running - now to learn how to use it!  In the meantime, I shall still be updating from my iPad while I verse myself with the mac system.  BIG learning curve when I've only ever used dos and windows!  Patience, patience :-)

Next Week's Workshop is ...
CHALK IMPRESSIONS    $19
Monday @ 7-9pm and Thursday @ 1-3pm
We are going to be stamping with veramark ink and rubbing chalks (soft pastel sticks) to create an interesting element to our page - so much fun to see the hidden image pop to life!  There are 7 photos on this page and they're all 4x6" - yay I hear you say, lol!!  So you'll need 3 portrait 4x6" photos and 4 landscape 4x6" photos. You will also need your basic tool kit, inks, edge distresser, corner rounder, chalks or soft pastel sticks (if you don't have any, I will have mine in the workshop for you to use.), a title (You can see I used some tiny type alpha stickers as the title space is small on this layout.) and some versamark ink - if you don't have one, they're $4.50 each in the shop.  If you have a stamp that you would like to use, by all means bring it along, otherwise you will be using the paisley image I have used on my layout.

LANDSCAPE vs PORTRAIT
Which way is up???  Sometimes it is just a little confusing!!
With a landscape orientation photo the longest measurement is the width of the photo, the shorter measure is the height.  A portrait orientation photo has the longest measurement as the height and the shorter is the width.

SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Oh my, they are nearly here!!!  Hasn't that time flown by?  After a bit of a discussion with some of you, I have decided to have a workshop on the first Monday evening (14th) and the second Thursday (24th). With Easter bang in the middle followed by Anzac Day the next weekend it is a school holiday full of public holidays!!  This will be the same workshop, more details next week :-)

BASIC TOOL KIT
Some of the things you need in your basic tool kit - 
12" trimmer, scissors, adhesives - double sided tape, foam mounting squares, inks, paper piercer, craft knife, ruler, pencil, eraser, journal pen, tweezers, acrylic block for acrylic stamps, stazon.... just to name a few :-)

I hope you have a lovely weekend, mine is going to be busy super busy and super fun!
Happy scrapping,
Mandy :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment