Thursday, August 26, 2010

Next Week ... 30 August 2010


Good evening scrappy girls!

Just finished some delicious chinese chicken noodle soup with toast...mmmmmm.  Hope you are keeping toasty warm too!

This Saturday (28th) is going to be busy, busy, busy!  During the day is the Fiskars Crop Day.  $15 10am-4pm.  Unfortunately Michelle can't make it, so I have found a gorgeous shabby chic mini envelope flip album and we are going to make it!!  Mine isn't finished as this is very short notice - but here is a pic of my partly completed cover (yes I am going to show you how to make the roses!!!!) and one of the envelope pages (it contains three envelopes which become pockets and a kind of gatefold album as well).
If you are interested in coming along to make this cute album on Saturday, there is still time to book in as there are quite a few spots available.  I need to know by 4pm tomorrow (27th) so I can make up the kits.  You will need to bring a plate of lunch to share, your basic tool kit, inks, paper scraps to decorate the pages & tags, border punches, 1" circle punch, plus embellishments to pretty the album up (bling, ribbon, lace, buttons, etc..) If you have a hot glue gun and embossing heat tool, bring them too - then you don't have to wait!  Ring, email or even leave a comment on the blog/facebook.  I will check by 4pm so I know who is coming :-)

Saturday night (28th) is the next Scrap'n'Roast.  Starting at 4 until midnight - that's 8 hours of scrapping heaven...especially when you don't have to cook dinner!  $16 for the evening and there is one spot left. 

Next week's workshop is - 
INTRO TO PAPER FLOWERS   $16
Monday 7-9pm; Wednesday 12.30-2.30pm & Thursday 9.30-11.30am
You know how much I love using flowers on my layouts and I am always on the lookout for new flowers, either handmade or bought.  My friend emailed me a link for this wonderful paper flower and I had to make it straight away!  It is a real centrepiece and would look lovely on a card or even as a present topper.  We are also doing a bit of recycling with this layout - can you see where?  You only need one portrait 4x6” photo for this layout as well as your basic tool kit, inks, 1” circle punch, paper piecer, embroidery needle, a title (I cut mine from the leftover contrast) and your slice/cricut machine if you wish to cut your title as I did.

No catastrophes this week and have put together a very summery prize pack to celebrate the end of winter, which of course brings us closer to summer!
You know what to do....leave a comment on the blog to go into the draw for this summer page kit, packet of extra large alphas, under the sun tag sheet and a Heidi Grace flower punch.  Good luck!

That's all for know - just leave you with a little pic of my sweet ballerina girl at last week's dress rehearsal... they are butterflies!!

Keep warm and happy scrapping,
Mandy :-)

1 comment:

  1. The girls look so gorgeous!
    And your flip album is going to be fantastic :) Have a great weekend. Kathryn

    ReplyDelete