Sunday, April 10, 2011

Next Week ... 11 April 2011

Hi everyone!

As I sit here in the cold, dark pit of the Stirling Theatre, I suddenly realised I hadn't emailed out next weeks info!! Thank goodness for iPads and breaks between musical numbers! So there's no photo today... Hello Lisa, hope you and your parents are enjoying the show, also my little Jennifer is out there too, Hi Sweetie! :-)

Hope you are enjoying the rain and cooler weather - good for staying in and scrapping! (Not for sitting in the pit, let me tell you.)

Next weeks workshop is ... Framed $22
Monday 7-9pm; Wednesday 12:30-2:30pm and Thursday 9:30-11:30am
In this workshop you are going to learn how to make a photo frame - like the wooden frames, with a hidden journaling pocket behind. This is a single page and you will need a photo at 4 1/2 x 6 1/2" portrait orientation. You will also need your basic tool kit, inks, stapler, bling embellishments (I used bling dots), journal pen and a title (I used rubons on the frame).

Gosh, it's nearly Easter! Don't forget to have your camera handy to take some candid photos to scrap. Maybe over the five day break you could go for a nature walk and practice taking photos with your camera, taking it out of auto mode?!!! You never know what you will come up with - it's always good to practice. Take a cheap notebook with you and take a note of your settings s you take photos and you will master those manual dials in no time! There are lots of websites out there where you can get great info for taking photos, one I refer to often is http://www.digital-slr-guide.com/dslr-news.html. Another place to start is to the web of the brand of your camera. Mine is a Canon and they have some fantastic educational videos for taking great shots.

The next scrap'n'roast is an Easter theme on 30th April, 4pm - midnight, $16. I have had some cancellations so if you are interested send me a quick email (no good ringing me at the moment - bit busy in the pit!) and grab your bunny ears for the evening.

There is new stock coming in over the next few weeks and for the life of me sitting here in the freezing pit, I can't remember what I ordered! Keep an eye out...

Well better get back to the show, nearly finished and have managed to do this between numbers and not loose my spot in the music!

Hope to see you all soon, happy scrapping,

Mandy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment