Saturday, September 10, 2011

Next Week ... 12 September 2011

Good afternoon everyone :-) Isn't technology just wonderful - here I am sitting in the school carpark waiting for the children to come out and I can start my blog while I'm waiting! Just got to love that! The wind is a bit on the wild side today and the car is getting shaken (not stirred!), enough to rock me to sleep!! 

AA...AA...AAA......CHOOOOOOO!!!!  It is that time of the year again where all the hay fever sufferers walk around in a daze with permanent red eyes, running nose and continual sneezing! Unfortunately, I am one of those sufferers, so can I please, please ask you all to refrain from wearing perfumes to workshops. I suffer terribly from an allergy to perfumes all year, but during the Spring season, it is even worse (I guess with all the pollens around just doesn't help!). I would really appreciate it - and so will my head, eyes, nose, throat and chest :-) 

I made a gorgeous skirt for Jennifer last night - one of those tiered gathered types from a selection of material given to me recently - she loves it! You wouldn't believe it, I was shopping at Target and found a cute two layered t-shirt with a crocheted overlay in the same colour ways!! She thinks it is just great and wanted to wear it tonight for Daniels birthday dinner, but I think it will be a little too cold! 

Finally have my new bed all put together!  Only been sitting on the deck all week, but got up this morning and ripped open the boxes!  Looks very cute...can't wait to save up enough to do the rest of the room - especially replacing the wardrobe.
Have had a great response to the Make Your Flowers Workshop and looks like I will be adding it to the next calendar for those of you who are missing out this time. Unsure whether it will be the exact same page - that will depend on whether I can get more of the papers or not. But don't despair - if I have to do another page it will be equally as stunning, you can count on that!!! Keep you eyes sharp for the date in the next newsletter.

Next Weeks Workshop is ... 
Page Maps September  $18
Monday 7-9pm; Wednesday 12:30-2:30pm and Thursday 9:30-11:30 am 

This simple page map becomes extraordinary with the addition of borders in different shapes and sizes!  Now I have some lovely loopy loops across the bottom of my page, which I handcut and took me forever...so I am recommending that you don’t do the loops and just use border punch strips or handcut using the ruler shapes.  If you would like to do the loops at home, let me know so I can print it out for you! You will need 9 photos, 4@5x3½” landscape, 3@4x3½” landscape, 1@3x3½” landscape and 1@4½x3½” landscape.  You will also need your basic tool kit, inks, edge distressor, brush markers (if you have them), border punch - two different ones.

On the 17th is the next Scrap'n'Roast. There are 3 spots left if you would like to come along and join in the fun of the evening. $16 for 8 hours of scrapping heaven plus a roast dinner, drinks and nibbles - bargain! Contact me know before it's too late.  

Happy scrapping, Mandy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment