Monday, October 10, 2011

This Week ... 10 October 2011

Hi everyone,
I hope you got the face book post on Friday, try as I might, I couldn't get blogger dashboard to work on my iPad.  Never had that problem before, only since they have upgraded.  

I know I said I would upload photos last night, but it has been a emotionally draining last few days...

Tragedy for my brothers best friend, who is like my second brother - he spent more time at our house when we were growing up in Canberra.  His young 5 year old daughter, Phoebe, was killed in a motor accident on Friday night.  His wife was injured and is going to lose her foot, maybe her leg.  Amazingly their youngest daughter escaped without a scratch.  My brother is not emotional like me, but when he answered his phone and I said "it's Mandy", he just burst into tears - well you know what an emotional wreck I am!  Before I rang I knew he would have been on the first plane to be at Aaron's side and sure enough he was at the hospital, it was only a few hours after the accident when we spoke.  Heart wrenchingly I spoke to Aaron too, he was glad that I had met Phoebe in person in February.  It's just so hard to imagine and I feel so useless being so far away.  Even more heart wrenching is that Aaron's wife wants to see Phoebe, but the hospital won't allow her to.  Pete & Aaron were trying to find a way to smuggle her out to the morgue (a few blocks away).  I hope they succeeded, she needs to be able to see her daughter and say goodbye for her grieving process to begin. The funeral is today and Huong is not allowed to leave hospital to attend.

Treasure each moment.

Here is this weeks workshop info again, with photos this time!...
Make Your Own Flourishes   $23
Monday 7-9pm; Wednesday 12.30-2.30pm and Thursday 9.30-11.30am


Do you love the bling and pearl flourishes that are around, but not the price??  I am going to show you how to make your own flourishes in this workshop and you are going to love it!!!  You will need 4 photos, 2@4x6” landscape and 2@4x6” portrait.  You will also need your basic tool kit, border punch (I used three different ones), inks and your title.  I used lots of colour with my papers for this layout, so I printed my photos out in black and white so they didn’t compete with the papers.  The result is stunning and the photos look stunning!!!  Something for you to think about for not only this page but others as well...

See you soon,
Happy Scrapping,
Mandy :-)

1 comment:

  1. -hugs- don't know what to say but I do agree - treasure each moment xx

    ReplyDelete