Saturday, January 28, 2012

Next Week ... 30 January 2012

Hey everyone, 

Hope you all had a wonderful Australia Day!!  Here's the fireworks from Semaphore, taken from my friends backyard.   I had forgotten my tripod, so I used the verandah post to keep the camera steady for the 4 second shots!  You know what they say - where there's a will there's a way :-)  It was quite windy and we weren't sure if the fireworks would go off, but to our delight they did!
 

Chúc mừng năm mới (Happy New Year) This year is the Year of the Dragon - 'An khang thịnh vượng' which means may you have good health, security and prosperity, a traditional Vietnamese greeting in response to happy new year :-)  We went over to Dai Phat Supermarket to see the Lion Dance which brings good luck for the year!  Daniel and Jennifer were mesmerized and loved it. 

How are you holding up in this heat??  I thank my lucky stars we have a pool to cool off in, aaahhhhh.... lots of chunky dunks happening! (That's the opposite of skinny dipping, just in case you're wondering - LOL!)

Well, I have finished my "House Mother" job at Scotch - extreme hard work and I was ever so grateful to have finished!!!! But, I am thankful for the money, which is very handy just after Christmas and in time for back to school.

I am busy trying to finish off the new calendar, fairly close, so you should have it next week as scheduled.  There's lots of great pages, Scrap'n'Roasts, a gorgeous mini album day workshop and more!  Keep an eye out, it will hit your mailbox soon!

Next week's workshop is...
Sophisticated Lacing   $22
Monday 7-9pm; Wednesday 12.30-2.30pm and Thursday 9.30-11.30am


I know you are going to love this lacing technique I found a picture of on-line.  It is so cool!  It looks like it is just crisscross, but when you have a more detailed look you discover it is crisscross with a twist!!  Once I worked it out, it is very easy and looks very sophisticated!!  You are going to need 1portrait photo @ 4x6”, 1 square photo @ 3x3”, 1 landscape photo @ 3x2¾”, 1 landscape photo @ 3x2¼” and 1 portrait photo @ 3x3½. You will also need your basic tool kit, inks, paper piercer, threading water border punch (if you have one), eyelet setter, a title and another border punch.

The next Scrap'n'Roast will be on the 11th February, so check your diaries and book in quick, because as you know they fill up quickly!

Ok - off to do some more on the newsletter and then it's chunky dunk time!!

Happy Scrapping,
Mandy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment