Friday, March 02, 2012

Next Week ... 5th March 2012

Hello again,

Another week has flown by!  Jennifer's birthday was a success - even at 40 deg!!  All I had to do was take down watermelon and iceblocks, the girls spent the whole party in the pool, which was the best place to be in such heat!

Daniel is taking part of the World's Greatest Shave!  If you'd like to sponsor him or just make a donation let me know :-) There's a donation box on the counter.

Next weeks workshop ... Recycling   $15
Monday 7-9pm; Wednesday 12.30-2.30pm and Thursday 9.30-11.30am
I'd love to show you a sneak peek or even the layout - but this is my desk at the moment!!!  Hubby decided that it was the place to put everything in the room when he replaced the window and guess where the layout is....yep....under all that mess!!  Not impressed! But on the bright side, the windows look fantastic :-)
 
I’ve been collecting all sorts of bits and pieces and now it’s time to recycle them … onto your page!!!!  You will only need one portrait 4”x6” photo for this single layout.  You will also need your basic tool kit, inks, a title, edge distressor and any recycling bits you might like to share!!  Think clothes labels, stamps, old flower arrangements, can ring pulls, bread tags, vegie netting … the list goes on and on! 

Scrap'n'Roast tomorrow night.  Still some spots left if you'd like to come along.  4pm - midnight, $16.

I don't know if you're aware that I get stats from blogger and facebook telling me how many people visit, look, share, etc...  I have to tell you, I am not doing so well, which is reflected in the visit count and actual class numbers. I am trying so many things to try and build up my business, but nothing seems to be working. So I will be overhauling and downsizing and eventually winding down and closing. I put in a lot of work into the layouts for workshops and I know that the few of you who come along really appreciate it, but unfortunately it's not enough to justify the time and expense.  I have given myself a deadline and unless I can pull some miracle out of my head by then, after 12+ years Made by Mandy will be a thing of the past.

Happy Scrapping,
Mandy :-)

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that things are not improving. Am hoping you get a sudden influx of interest. Thinking of you. Kathryn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so don't want you to close but I know how much work you put in. If only we could get more people through the door :(
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete