Thursday, August 22, 2013

Next Week ... 26th August 2013

Hello everyone :-)

Hope you've all been keeping warm and dry! Instead of scrapping (like I should have been) I have been cleaning up my scrapping area inside. Felt good to fill both the rubbish and recycling bin to the brim and the back of the car with donations for the salvos. I picked up this metal trolley from ikea and decorated it (Mandyified it!) before I even put it together :-) I used music paper and plain white photocopy paper to make the layered paper lace!  Looks great in my scrap area and I will use it for all my mostly used and go to stuff. Doesn't it look cute alongside my paint/glimmermist stand? 

Have you been up to anything crafty???  Apart from my trolley, I have done the next step with my diary cover.  It has now been all covered with gesso, so it's primed and ready for glimmermist spraying and painting :-)  The great part about cleaning up is the stuff you find!  Like a packet of sticky back canvas, that I have stamped and will ink, spray and paint to use as the spine of my diary cover:-D Love getting my hands (and mind!) messy with these types of projects! Stay tuned for more installments...

Tomorrow night, 24th, is Scrap'n'roast night :-)  8 hours of scrapping fun and frivolity, a roast dinner and great company. Still some spots if you're interested. 

Next week's workshop is ...
GET DRESSED   $28
Monday 7-9pm and Thursday 9:30-11:30am
The centerpiece of this layout is the stunning Dusty Attic chipboard dress form, which has been dressed and adorned in the most simple and beautiful way :-)  I will show you how to glue and glitter your dress form into a dazzling masterpiece!  You will need three photos for this layout, 2 portrait @ 3x4" and 1 landscape @ 4x6".  You will also need your basic tool kit, inks, 2 border punches, a title and some glitter.  

Stay well and happy scrapping,
Mandy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment