Thursday, August 29, 2013

Next week ... 2 September 2013

Good morning everyone :-)

Wasn't it nice to have some sunshine?  On Tuesday I opened up the house to let the sunshine in and hang the washing outside for the first time in weeks, ahhhhhh......  It is good for the soul!  Back to rainy, but that's nice too, watering the gardening and filling up the rain water tanks :-)

Excitement plus... I have finished my diary cover!  Stunning - even if I say so myself!  Sometimes I amaze myself when something turns out so well - lol!  First photo is the cover drying in the sunshine, just having had it's final clear coat (I used a spray paint,clear, as it is going to get a lot of use), then you can see it with it's canvas spine covering.  Love, love, love how it has turned out!  So shabby chic and pretty :-)  Inspired by Finnabair from Poland, who I was lucky enough to do a workshop with earlier this year.  Had to modify the technique as I haven't been able to get the sprays that Anna uses, so I have used glimmermist sprays, distress ink and paints.  What you can't see in the photo, is the edges of the diary pages - I sprayed them with a stencil and glimmermist for the cutest look ever!!  Don't worry, I will have it in the workshop so you can all see it in real life :-)

The Mixed Media Canvas, inspired by Finnabair and my diary above, is on later this month.  Places are limited, so early bookings are essential. A $20 deposit is required to secure your place. I know you have all been waiting for me to come up with my own take on Finnabairs lovely technique!  The canvas will be held over two Saturday workshops, the 21st @ 1-3pm and the 28th @ 10am-12pm. Hope to see you there :-)

September's newsletter has been uploaded to the newsletter page of the blog.  Another month of fun and exciting workshops are in stall for you, including a gorgeous canvas using the same technique as my diary cover!  Bookings are open for all September workshops now :-)

Next Week's workshop is ...
PAGE MAPS   $20
Monday 7-9pm and Thursday 9.30-11.30am


This months page map has a lovely simple look with clean lines that you’ll want to recreate a few more times, I’m sure.  In keeping with it’s simple look, there is a cute sewn border around the page edge that I know you are going to love! You will need 6 photos for this double layout, 1 portrait @ 5x7”; 2 landscape @ 4x3” and 3 portrait @ 3x4”.  You will also need your basic tool kit, a title, border punch, inks and embellishments to suit your photo theme (I used a fairy diecut).

UPCOMING DATES THIS MONTH

  • Scrap'n'Roast $20 21st 
  • Mixed Media Canvas $80 21st and 28th
  • Art Journal Workshop $14 27th 
Stay warm and dry!
Happy Scrapping,
Mandy :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment