Friday, July 12, 2013

Next Week ... 15 July 2013

Good morning lovely people :-)

I trust you are all well and keeping warm!  It's been a tad on the chilly side in the mornings, hasn't it?  

I am sitting here with the cat trying to get onto my lap!!!  I have compromised by shuffling forward on the chair and letting her sit behind me...she is now purring loudly and at a great rate of purr knots!  I bought her a new bed yesterday, one of those cubby hole type ones.  Popped it in the laundry and threw the old one out, after I had finished sorting out the latest scrapping order, I went to find her to show her...couldn't find her anywhere!!  Where was she ... in the new bed!! LOL!!  I guess it was a hit!

Nearly half way through the school holidays, don't know about you, but I've been having a lovely time this week with my daughter :-)  My son has been up in the hills on Epilepsy Camp, picking him up this afternoon and shall find out all the mischief he got up to!

Next Weeks Workshop is ... 
TAKE IT APART    $18
Monday 7-9pm and Thursday 9.30-11.30am
I love music paper, as you all know.  I must really love this paper because I ordered it twice!!  Looking at it loving ;-) I realised how easy it would be to cut it all up into the individual music pieces that went to make up the collage page...so I did!!  Now you are going to do it too :-D  You will choose your own background and cardstock colours, but the music collage paper will be the same - as it is neutral it will go with whatever colours you like.  You will need one 4x6" potrait photo (you can get away with landscape orientation if you like), basic tool kit and inks.

Next week is also our next Art Journal adventure, yay!!  
Friday 12-2pm and 7-9pm.  $17
We are going to be using a product called Ezy Shaid - lots of fun!  We are going to be using white rubons (included) as a resist on our page.  Also included in the workshop are three bottles of Ezy Shaid in the colours of your choice.  You will need to gesso your two page spread - now I only gessoed my page once as I wanted to be able to see the writing faintly through the background, but you can do more coats if you like.  You will also need a black journal/paint pen (I used my fine sharpie).  I also want you to find a quote that means something to you, to write on your page - not a short one, but not an essay either!  

Oooooo, it's just started raining here....hot chocolate and good movie while snuggling on the lounge with the dog, cat and daughter ;-)

Have a great weekend,
Happy Scrapping,
Mandy :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment